Friday, October 19, 2012

Affordable Halloween and Fall Decor

So we all want to have ghosts and ghoulies and all things spooky this time of year. Frankly, decor isn't really in our regular budget. Once in a while, when I find something practical, useful and affordable we add it to our  Little House of Love. But switching out decor for every season, isn't quite something we've chosen to spend our money on, so I have to get creative. Utilizing nature and sales and craftyness when at all possible. So here's what is on my list of things to do for the Fall/Halloween season!


Oh yeah. I'm excited about this one! We are having to make a couple modifications, but I think it will turn out great! If you wanna see the details here's the site! I'm not too sure on the lighting aspect of the whole thing, but we'll see. And I will do my best to get some detailed pics up after the weekend! But we're planning to use an old pickle jar, the four dollar head and about 2 dollars worth of hair gel. And if we had gone to Dollar General I'm sure we could have gotten the hair gel for much cheaper. Not sure tho. I don't use gel.


These lil' creepos are in the oven as I type. Oh my goodness it was so much fun! And the fact that you can eat what you scrape away made it that much more enjoyable. A great activity to do while listening to some spooky music with the kiddos! Easier than carving pumpkins, and a good way to get them into the decorating aspect of it all. We bought the cheapest apples and all we had to do was carve them and soak them in some salted lemon water. Super duper easy, and super duper cheap! Also I have a little trick I'll share when I do the tutorial...it lets you eat more of the apple, and well. I think it will help with the display aspect of the project. The great tutorial I used is here.

Okie dokie, so those were the kind of easy schmeezy ones, right. Well....the other ones I'm planning on doing are too! I know...get on with it, right? Okay.

So we're planning on doing a little party for the spookies. Really, we just want to hang out with our friends and enjoy some time together. So yeah... I want some decorations to make the house a little more festive. I have tons of construction paper laying around the house, so I'll be utilizing some of the huge stack to make this guys:
.

Aren't the precious!?!? They come from a sweet little blog that I've gotten some great advice for organizing from: Organize Your Stuff Now She has a no-nonsene, budget friendly way of organizing and decorating that I love. Maybe I should join one of her link parties. ^_^  She used scrapbooking paper, but I will use construction paper...because I have the motherload from my education classes. >.<

What else...goodness if I had the time I'd be doing all the stuff I pinned to my new spooky board. So fun!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot these guys. I still have to find some glow-in-the-dark paint...


I think they will be cute lining our walkway to the house! Hello Lucky provided this idea! Again, I'll be changing a few things up in hopes that they will be something we can use next year too!

And to revisit a couple things I've done in the past....

This was a lunch for Shi, and it had bones, ribs, and pumpkins made from carrots! He loved it!
I think I'll have to make him one or two to assemble this year. 
How could I forget these!?! They were so fun! And simple with things we have at the house. Always!

Let me know what gets your spooky bone crafting! I will have plenty to show next week! Time to go check on my shrunken heads!

~Rolling through life to the rhythm of love...share the bliss!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...