Thursday, February 14, 2013

My New Favorite Recipe- Blueberry Banana "Ice Cream"

Blueberry Banana "Ice Cream" Delish!
As a part of the Slim by Summer challenge we are supposed to share a recipe. This one is one that I love because it is a treat that is so versatile!

Banana "Ice Cream" 
(this makes just enough to share)

Two frozen bananas sliced, and frozen for at least a couple hours
Almond Milk
Vanilla Extract or Bean

Puree bananas with a food processor until crumbly, add additional ingredients and puree until creamy. Then enjoy!

THAT'S IT! There aren't any measurements because I eyeball the amounts. Bananas are all different sizes, and sometimes you need more almond milk than others. You can make this without almond milk, but adding a splash makes the Ice Cream creamier. All you really NEED are bananas, but I love it with a bit of vanilla, and blueberries. Or peanut butter and cocoa powder....or raspberries and cacao nibs...the possibilities are endless!




What it looks like when I can't help but "try" a big spoon!

For future treats freeze in ice cube trays (shaped ones are fun for kiddos)
 and make a bigger batch to enjoy later on! 

Have you tried this? Let me know how it worked out, and your favorite flavor combinations!

~Live in the Rhythm of Love, and share the Bliss!
<3 ~Cassie

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of freezing them in ice cube trays!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lanaya! It also keeps me from eating the whole batch right away. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Need to try this, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Mand. Ahh....it is so good! Let me know what you think!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...