Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Thirty Days of Truth: Day 18



Day 18: Your views on gay marriage

I know there are a lot of people who would side with me as well as many that would say my opinion is wrong.

This is my opinion, and I am not forcing it on anyone. I knew when I started this blog it was going to make a few people upset- but I cannot go through life worrying about how others feel about my thoughts and words.

So that is my disclaimer for that.

Now, with all that said...my views. They are simple as is most of what I believe. I believe we are all born to be loved. We all deserve happiness, light and love, and how we choose to create it in our own lives is our choice. Until someone's love life interferes with mine I have no say over what makes them happy. Nor do I believe should anyone else.

Now, we could go into the religious reasons, or the studies done about how homosexuality can be explained through natural selection....and the study with the rats....but that's not the issue. The issue I am being asked my opinion of is marriage.

All I know is if I loved someone and I couldn't be at their side when they were in the hospital or file taxes together or buy a home together and it be ours...it would be wrong. And I am really going to have to stop writing before I go and say something that offends someone...I really don't feel like getting into a debate over it. If you disagree, feel free to leave me a comment with a link to your views. But please don't attack mine.

I believe all you need is love, and love is all you need...and if you truly were living in love you wouldn't want to keep anyone else from sharing the joy.

Oh, and the farce about protecting Biblical Marriage...well...how many biblical heterosexual marriages end in divorce and separation? How many kids are raised with fighting parents that would be happier and would be able to give their children more stability on their own? Just a few thoughts that come to mind when I think of the place our society is in these days.

<3 <3 <3 Cassie Stone
~Rolling through life to the rhythm of love...share the bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...