Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thirty Days of Truths: Day 22



Day 22: Something You Wish You Hadn’t Done In Your Life

I like to say that everything happens for a reason, and if something terrible does happen there is something to be learned from it. BUT... IF I had a wish and that wish was to take something back in my life I think it would be a moment of weakness on my part.

I had just broken up with my boyfriend of twoish years (he was a big lying, manipulative, controlling, cheating....I should have broken it off at the lying part...ti name a few of his attributes) Well I had just broken it off, and he ended up convincing me to go on one last little trip with him since we had it planned already. It was just for a day and I figured I could at least flirt with some hotties there. I know. Bad.

Well, against my better judgement I went. With a few ground rules. We weren't supposed to hang out with his friends (since they knew he was a scummy guy and helped cover his lies) we weren't there as b/f & g/f, and if we did see any of his friends we were supposed to say hi and move on. Well, of course...we ran into some of his friends and ended up hanging out with them. I was spitting mad, and made him take me home.

As we were leaving this big car show- an idiot driver tried to pull a u-turn in front of us and we tboned his big dual-lie truck going 50 miles an hour.

I ended up with a terrible concussion, a broken nose and many bruised bones (the doctor couldn't believe I didn't have more broken bones)

I missed so much work and it affected my classes quite a bit. I still wish I could take that day back. For months if I over did it I would have a nose bleed and I had such terribly swelling and bruising and cuts that I looked like a Klingon Clown with Down-syndrome for quite a while. Not to mention I couldn't wear a shirt or sweater that had to be pulled over my head for 6 or 7 months unless I wanted a nosebleed.

Of course the one thing I learned from that experience is that anybody who tells you and YES I QUOTE: "Your face is broken, not your arms and legs" in response to you asking for help with some laundry because you are in so much pain you can't even cry or sit up in bed without hyperventilating and having blood spewing grotesquely from your nose...is not somebody you want to waste your time and energy on.

Of course I did get a nice study abroad experience from the settlement from the jerk that hit us. The nice officer/sheriff that was at the scene, and witnessed the whole thing wrote him quite a few hefty tickets that proved his guilt in the matter. Thank goodness. And that trip showed me there were plenty of nicer fish in the sea!

So yea. That is definitely a day/experience/thing I wish I hadn't done in my life. Maybe I should sum it up with that set-up that first introduced me to him. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...