Monday, September 10, 2012

Thirty Days of Truths: Day 23



Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life.

Getting towards the end of this challenge...it has been fun, but I really am missing posting some recipes and things I've found. I think next time I blog a challenge it needs to be more along the lines of things I would normally do.. but OK. Here I go!

When someone is talking about something they wish they had done in their life, it reminds me of an older person talking to a young'un reminiscing and encouraging the young person to be sure and follow their dreams. So let's get this straight: I'm not an old person, and I know I have lived quite suitably for a person my age and seen and have done a lot. I am not complaining about what I wish I've done and in any way remorseful of my choices or decisions. They have put me in a wonderful place and I would not want to be anywhere else right now. I love my life.

So I'm not wishing for a different place, or a different experience, no. That would mean I would not be sitting here in my favorite coffee shop with the love of my life and maybe more. It would mean I wouldn't have a sweet child that, while the pains of birth were not my own to know yet, but the joys and challenges of parenting are a wonderful experience I've been given the pleasure of knowing.

Something I do wish I had done...I've lived in another country, I've learned another language and have knowledge of a couple more. I've had good relationships and bad ones. I've had family issues to work through, and I've had the typical experiences I think make us human. Joys and fears, loves and losses, heartache and exuberance, sorrow and lust...I've worked hard and hardly at all. I've studied to ace an exam and learned the perils of failing. I've picked myself up from the depths of despair and learned to create an endless light in my life to keep me going. Romance, longing, travel, hermititude, partying....gosh. The more I think about it the more experienced I feel. So if I were to be at the end of my life and look back on the whole of my experiences...I would feel pretty fulfilled. The one thing I wish I would have done is journal more.

I recently found a few journals from when I was a bit younger. I'm still young. I know that...but it was so interesting to see my thoughts from times when it is hard to remember the daily occurrences. Hearing me talk about my friends and my family, about what made me happy then and my hopes for the future. Seeing a different person in the books of my life altogether.

So that is my one thing I wish. I wish wholeheartedly that I had written more of my memories down. I have a few from when I was in Fourth grade, more from middle school and many from high school. But college, it was rare for me to make time to journal. Maybe I can find my old stuff from myspace and facebook and make some sort of journal from that. I wasn't always as positive as I am now. I wasn't always the optimist, nor the happy-go-lucky gal I feel I am now. But one thing that rings true in my current life experience is that I've always enjoyed writing, poetry and prose. And the other thing that is still true is I think no one is ever really going to read any of my stuff either. Haha. One of my first poems I found written in my 8th grader writing, scratched out, and written in my 9th grader handwriting "Yuk! No one wants to read this!"

haha...Oh old self...current self understands. And loves your honesty. Thanks for the *cough* encouragement. Tee hee.

Thanks for reading- I'd love to see if anyone else is willing to do, or has done this challenge. Leave me a message with your thoughts! <3

<3 <3 <3 Cassie Stone
~Rolling through life to the rhythm of love...share the bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...