Sunday, September 2, 2012

Thirty Days of Truths: Day 15



Day 15: Something or someone you couldn't live without because you've tried living without it

A couple years ago I might say my phone, but after working a few jobs where employers always think they should be able to get a hold of you even when you are off the clock I started to loathe having a cell phone.

I still rarely remember to take it with me-it just isn't quite the important thing it used to be, so that wouldn't be it...I would say my Hubby, but I've never tried living without him, unless you count the time  before we met, and well frankly, I don't think that time counts.

But something I couldn't live without...I would have to say my sight. And yes, I've had to live without it before.

That terrible year I was talking about on Day 13...I forgot to mention I got a staph infection in my eye from the hospital while my grandfather was there. I woke up one day and couldn't see. My left eye was milky white and my Mom wigged out. I had to have these special drops in my eyes every 30 minutes for 48 hours, then every hour for 24 hours and every 2 hours until the bottle was gone. Even in the middle of the night. And I HAD to make sure I didn't miss one dose or I would have been very lucky to get my vision back.

That was the worst thing ever. I couldn't read or write without my vision....so many things I take for granted every day. I know there are many who live without their vision, but if I lost any of my senses I would be in a different realm, and I would sorely miss it.

Vision being number one, probably hearing second, and the others tying for third...yeah. I don't even want to think about that. People who live without one or more senses are stronger than I think I could ever be. Helen Keller for sure....her story is amazing.

So that would be my thing....er things. ^_^ My senses.

Sorry it's short tonight. Need some rest.

<3 <3 <3 Cassie Stone
~Rolling through life to the rhythm of love...share the bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...