Tuesday, August 21, 2012

30 Days of Truths: Day 3

So today is the third day... I am posting a bit later than I'd prefer...so I will have to update and spiffy this page up in the morning. Or not. ^_^

Day 03: Something you have to forgive yourself for

Wow, well. This one is a bit deeper than the last two. Er, rather first two. Instantly what comes to mind is an issue that took me quite a while to forgive myself for. I still look back and want to just talk to my old self and say "self. What the heck were you thinking?"

I was in a terrible relationship for far too long. I knew it wasn't healthy for me, and I stayed in it for the sake of trying to make things work, and for trying to help someone who didn't know how to help themselves.

I have forgiven myself for this, but it was only after quite a while of not forgiving myself, and not liking myself that I learned that without forgiveness I would never learn my lesson from that time in my life.

Lesson learned: One is incapable of loving another unconditionally, as long as they are unable to unconditionally love oneself.

I now love myself, and have for quite a while now. I know that my happiness is in my control and no one can take that from me. I also know that some people are just incapable (in their present mindset) of loving themselves, and therefore cannot show love to others. They are the gimmies. They want people to give them the happiness that they seek and are unable to reciprocate it. I hope they learn someday to create their own. It can be a sad, cruel world if you don't love yourself. And of course, part of loving yourself involves being someone that you can love...Someone who abhors cheaters, can't be a cheater...and so on.

So that is my forgiving thing. I am sure many of us have to learn to forgive ourselves for something dealing in the realm of love and relationships...

Time for this Stone to roll on into bed. Thanks for reading, and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...