Sunday, August 26, 2012

Thirty Days of Truths: Day 8


Day 08: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit

Wow, well... memories linger back to an old college roommate of mine. Man, that was some crazy stuff to go through and I never thought I would have to deal with someone worse than that-but I have, and it is truly a shame, too. I have only had the best intentions towards people I have to deal with in life. I try and give people the benefit of the doubt. But when someone uses me, or takes advantage of me and mistreats me-there is no way I will roll over and play dead for them. I bite back.

Needless to say, this person doesn't have the ability to make my life hell. No one does, really but me and who would want that negativity anyway? :) But as far as treating me like the poo on the bottom of a shoe, well this person takes the cake. I can't even begin to count the number of things I've had to deal with as a direct result of their negligence and basically lazy attitude towards most things in life. I've picked up the slack and led by example for quite a while now, which is what I will continue to do. We all have reality to deal with, some just try to fake it longer than others.

It is a funny thing how people treat each other when intimidated, like co-workers...when one is going above and beyond, the others sometimes get scared they might make them look bad so they attack, so-to-speak. Or like the "cool" kids attacking the "nerds" it's always the same. Bullies have some sort of shortcoming they have to make up for and can only do so by trying to make another person feel bad. Sad sad stuff. My old Blog had some posts about it...I try to just let most of it roll off my back these days, but man. The stories I could tell. One of my favorite quotes that came from all of this was from this post:
If you act out of respect for yourself you won't go around telling lies and wearing a mask so people think you are something that you are not. There is a point when the mask has to come off... but only after it has become a joke to those that know the truth behind it, and before you realize it is too late to keep the beauty that was once beneath. And you are not being respectful of yourself by creating an image you can't always keep up with.  So many people hide behind these masks, and sadly I fear do not even know their true selves.  

 I always try to look for the silver lining, and even though this person has treated me less than favorably...I have learned quite a few lessons in the process, as well as shown me how lucky I am to have had such an amazing family to have raised me and loved me so well. The power of love is truly amazing. One would think that all a parent would want for their child is love...but some can't see past their selfish desires to let them have that unconditional love they crave, need and thrive from. <3

Well, my Lil' guy's lunch is all packed and ready to go for his first day of Fourth Grade! And I have all the breakfast goodness ready to go for the morning! I can't wait to see his face when he gets his Morning Surprise!

Now that things are getting back to routine around here I will definitely be catching up on some overdue posts of my recent creations!

~Rolling through life to the rhythm of love...share the bliss, and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...